Date: 2020-05-22 10:49:06
Abby Eddy, the Assistant Director of Digital Engagement at Purdue University, joins the Social Pros Podcast to talk about how you can use social media to connect with your audience during uncertain times.
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn’t do it without their help! This week:
Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Full Episode Details
As we enter what is traditionally considered ‘commencement season’ for many, millions of students are finding themselves at a standstill. Lecture halls have been swapped for Zoom calls and cap and gowns have been replaced with ‘comfy clothes’ like joggers and trainers.
In a world seized by a global pandemic, how are major universities dealing with the impact of COVID-19 and leveraging social to engage with Higher Ed students?
Abby Eddy, the Assistant Director of Digital Engagement at Purdue University, has really perfected the university’s approach to messaging their students during this uncertain time. Abby talks about how she uses social media to bring some levity during these times by embracing pop culture in a way that is relevant to Purdue and speaks to their audience.
In This Episode:
• 04:58 – How Purdue University are using social conversations to engage with students and organize on-demand commencement
• 11:16 – How different departments and team members have come together to help the university communicate effectively online
• 13:19 – How Abby’s team manages Purdue University’s brand voice across the board
• 17:31 – Why it’s important to find a balance between ‘COVID-19 messaging’ Vs. more ‘cheerful’ content
• 22:30 – How to choose what pop culture moments to play into
• 23:46 – How Purdue University uses past performance data to cultivate future results
• 26:46 – An insight into the successful hashtag engagement campaign for the launch of the Purdue Podcast
For a full list of resources mentioned in the episode and to listen to the full podcast episode go to: convinceandconvert.com or download the episode on your favorite podcast app.
#SocialPros #Socialmediastrategy #PurdueUniversity
Hey guys, it’s, Jay Baer, and welcome to my youtube channel, where plaid is never bad. I’ve got three shows for you here on the channel first. Every week is the talk triggers a show where I present you a case study of an amazing business, doing astonishing things with word of mouth.
Second, we have the social pros podcast, where each week I interview somebody who is a leader of social media in a big brand or interesting author’s, all kinds of social media advice and counsel on that show, and then occasionally I present to you, The marketing marvels at show, which is a demonstration of software, that I think you will enjoy and appreciate as a business owner as a professional marketer.
If you are a meeting planner, you & # 39. Ll, find my speaker trailer video here as well as excerpts from front of my best speeches. I look. I don’t, know everything, but I do know this. I guarantee you & # 39.
Ll. Learn something every week here on the channel and you’ll have a blast to do in it. So do it go ahead? Click that subscribe button and be on the Jay Baer YouTube train would love to have you thanks.