To listen to the full podcast episode go to
Greg Hounslow, Emerging Media Manager at WestJet, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss how the airline has propelled their online presence to become the number one brand on social in the airline industry.
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn’t do it without their help! This week:
Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Full Episode Details
Influencer marketing has definitely made its mark on social. But, as with most things in life, there’s a right and wrong way to do influencer marketing. Many businesses make the mistake of pursuing influencers just because they have a large following, but that doesn’t always mean that they can add real value to your business.
According to Greg Hounslow, the Emerging Media Manager at WestJet, you should also consider the content output an influencer provides and whether it can actually help drive your brand and ROI forward.
WestJet is the number one airline on social media, winning multiple awards for their strategy and performance. Other brands in the airline industry struggle to rival their success and their secret is simple – rather than stick to the same strategy year after year, they’ve continued to evolve alongside social media.
In This Episode:
• 07:17 – How the social program at WestJet is organized
• 11:56 – How WestJet’s team expectations have shifted over the last five years
• 15:00 – The benefits of evaluating organic reach through fan engagement and evaluating paid from a revenue generation perspective
• 17:06 – How WestJet’s content strategy has evolved
• 20:37 – How the customer care team responds to negative feedback
• 29:22 – Greg predicts the future of chatbots
• 34:40 – When influencer marketing works and when it doesn’t
For a full list of resources mentioned in the episode and to listen to the full podcast episode go to: