Karina Tama-Rutigliano is a Digital Marketing Strategist and Founder of Senior Care Clicks. Karina helps Senior Care Businesses.
Our older generations aren’t well-known for being whizzes with technology, yet it’s easy enough for anyone to get information by clicking on a video. People are retiring at later ages than in the past, and the baby boomer generation is now reaching an age where large numbers of them are in need of in-home care services.
With the need for senior care services increasing, many home care agencies are springing up, creating lots of competition in the marketplace. To keep ahead of the market, home care agencies have to pull all the tools out of their digital marketing toolbox, especially when it comes to marketing with videos.
According to a 2019 survey, “87% of video marketers say video has increased traffic to their website,” and “80% of video marketers say video has directly helped increase sales.”
In my own work, I find that video marketing is as versatile as it is profitable, increasing conversions and sales. Creating videos to share with your potential clients can build trust and ignite people’s emotions, and that’s especially important for in-home care agencies. Not only that, video can increase your chances of being on the first page of Google.
Overall, it’s an efficient way to communicate your messages. By setting goals for video marketing, targeting your audience and creating engaging videos, you’ll gain the many benefits of this communication channel.
Setting Goals For In-Home Care Agency Video Marketing
When you put up your first video to promote your in-home care agency, you need to monitor it and test it so you can assess the results. I like to set goals for the videos that I publish. In addition to increasing “likes” on videos, I usually set goals in these areas:
• Increasing brand exposure
• Enhancing video engagement
• Ranking higher on Google
• Expanding social media following
• Getting more email addresses and newsletter sign-ups
As I monitor and evaluate the analytics, I adjust my goals up or down so they’re realistic and attainable.
There is an unlimited number of topics that you can create videos about, but be sure each has a purpose. Make sure your target personas are very specific, and target each of your personas with one or more videos.
Targeting Your Audience Using Video Marketing
Video is an especially important communication channel for in-home care agencies, and there are many ways that you can use it. Video marketing is a valuable way to diversify your marketing strategy and expand your efforts to reach your target audience.
In-home care agencies have several target audiences, including:
• People of other ages needing in-home care
• Adult children of seniors
• Other family members or friends of seniors
• Caregiver recruits
For people who are new to creating videos and using them as part of their marketing plans, it’s helpful to learn the top four types of marketing videos:
• Product videos
• How-to videos
Video marketing offers a powerful way to communicate your brand, explain the types of services you offer and, ultimately, help the people in your community who are in need.
Ideas For Home Care Agency Videos
From personal experience, I’ve found that once I got started creating videos, the ideas for home care agency videos started flowing. I recommend in-home care agency marketers focus on a few basic types of videos, to begin with, and expand from there.
• Promotional videos give you a chance to give visibility to your people and facilities.
• Problem-solving videos show your potential clients how you solve the problems that other home care agencies miss.
• Hiring-focused videos can be used to recruit caregivers in the areas where you need help.
• Showing caregivers serving your clients provides an opportunity for you to tell their stories and demonstrate the sweet, tender moments that occur between caregivers and clients.
• Show why caregivers love their jobs — they may have lots of stories with potential clients, and videos give them a chance to share them.
• Your past and current clients might enjoy sharing their experiences. These testimonial videos are a great way to start building trust with potential clients.
One of the greatest things about creating videos is that it puts you in the driver’s seat. It puts you in the position of showing people the experiences your organization can deliver. Ultimately, videos give you full control over the message you communicate to your audience, and that goes a long way toward enhancing your brand.
Forbes Communications Council is an invitation-only community for executives in successful public relations, media strategy, creative and advertising agencies. Do I qualify?