If you’ve ever considered transitioning to a work from home career, now would be a perfect time. There are many remote work from home companies that are hiring right now. According to a 2018 survey by the Bureau of Labor Statistics nearly 30% or 41.6 million American workers can or do work from home.
Doing work virtually is definitely the new wave and the jobs are easier to find with more companies accommodating remote positions. This massive list of work from home companies hiring NOW will help you know where to start your search and you’ll also learn more tips to help you land the job.
The Demand For Remote Work
Many industries can and have made the transition to working remotely. With the right schedule and mindset, employees can be just as productive at home as they are in the office. Many companies find that they can actually save money by hiring remote workers and still communicate effectively about important tasks during work hours.
If all you need is a computer and internet to do your job, it doesn’t always make sense why you should have to come into an office (that has to be leased) to do your job. Thanks to technology, team members can meet and discuss things via video chat or instant messenger platforms.
What You Need to Be Successful in a Work From Home Position
Working remotely is best for a certain type of person. You have to be organized, communicate well, and work efficiently. Being at home and avoiding a commute doesn’t always mean you’ll have more time to work on something. You’ll have to be a self-starter and take direction well while also eliminating distractions at home and being mindful of your time.
Popular Work From Home Niches for Remote Jobs
Not all work from home jobs are created equal. There are some jobs where the demand is higher along with the pay.
Some popular niches are:
We also recommend 50 Legitimate Work from Home Jobs in 2020 That Pay Well
Before You Apply
Be sure to carefully review the job opportunity before applying. Do this for two main reasons.
- Unfortunately, there are plenty of work from home scams out there.
- You want to make sure you qualify for the position and can perform the role well.
There are some key red flags to watch out for like a company offering to hire you without an application or being asked to pay money in order to start working.
If it sounds too good to be true then it very well may be a scam. If you happen to be the one contacted for the position without applying, do your research to make sure that it is the real deal. Luckily, the jobs on this list are carefully reviewed and vetted.
Also, be sure to read through your resume before applying. If you haven’t applied for a new job lately, you may need to make some changes and adapt your resume to the role you’re applying for. Sending a cover letter never hurts either and can be a great way to help you stand out from the competition.
60 Remote Work From Home Companies Hiring NOW
- Customer Service Specialist – Direct Interactions
- Customer Success Associate – Pearson
- Transcriptionists (Entry-Level, $10/hr) – Literably
- Take Surveys from Your Smartphone – Toluna
- Customer Champion Team – Zapier
- Remote Copywriter – Hilton Hotels
- Live Verify Customer Service Agents (Part-Time) – Uhaul
- Customer Service Representative [email protected]
- Earn $3 Per Product Survey (Open enrollment) No hidden fees!
- Remote Customer Support – Modsquad
- Online Tutors $7500/month – StudyPool
- Customer Service Rep – VIPDesk Connect
- Get paid to watch videos, take surveys, shop, and play games
- Transcriptionists – Audio Transcription Center
- Customer Champion Team -Zapier
- Insurance News Reporter – Red Ventures
- Medical Coders – eCatalyst
- Insurance Transcribers – VIQ Solutions
- Remote Executive Assistant – Boldly
- Remote Inpatient Medical Coder – Health Information Specialist
- Customer Service Rep $14/hr – Alorica
- Transcribers – AccuTran Global
- Virtual Assistant – Assistant Match
- Content Strategist – Abstract
- Tutors– Chegg
- Customer Service – Concentrix
- Ruby on Rails Developer, Customer Support and Admin Support, and Front-end Engineer – Hubstaff
- Mystery Shoppers – Intellishop
- Customer Service – LiveOps
- Customer Service – Infocision
- Transcribers – Casting Words
- Social Media Agent – Liveworld
- Tutors – K12 Academy
- Proofreading – Scribendi
- Transcriptionists & Captioners – REV
- Chat Support – The Chat Shop
- Medical Transcriptionists – Phoenix Medcom, Inc.
- Transcribers – Babbletype
- Freelance Developers, Designers, & Finance Experts – Toptal
- Virtual Assistant – Time Etc.
- Tutors – VIPKid
- Freelance Translators, Sales – World Lingo
- Transcribers – GoTranscript
- Customer Service – Working Solutions
- Writer – Vox Media
- Moderators – Live World
- Transcriptionist – Daily Transcription
- Transcribers – RNK Productions
- Virtual Assistants – Fancy Hands
- Virtual Assistants – Belay Solutions
- Tutors – BrainFuse
- Online Test Scorers – Educational Testing Service (ETS)
- Writers – A List Apart
- Transcribers – Verbal Ink
- Freelance Editors/Proofreaders – Scribendi
- Developers – Clevertech
- Transcribers – TranscribeMe!
- Science Writer – Science Buzz
- Freelance Writers – LitCharts
- Transcriptionists – Scribie
Related Articles on Remote Work at Home Jobs
How to Find Part-Time Remote Jobs From Home with FlexJobs
Nationwide Work from Home Jobs: 25+ Remote Companies Hiring Now!
8 Remote Part-Time Work at Home Jobs Hiring Now
Full-Time Work From Home Jobs: 20 Remote Companies Hiring NOW!