Date: 2020-04-10 18:27:58
Owen Hemsath, the Founder of Owen Video, joins the Social Pros Podcast to discuss practical ways to help you create better video content and grow on YouTube.
Huge thanks to our amazing sponsors for helping us make this happen. Please support them; we couldn’t do it without their help! This week:
Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Full Episode Details
Do you want to grow on YouTube? If you’re someone who wants to attract more viewers, more subscribers, and more engagement, you’ve got to optimize your videos for watchability.
Owen Hemsath, the Founder of Owen Video, reveals that one of the biggest mistakes social practitioners make with their video content is that they’ve got tunnel vision for search engine optimization. They’re so focused on optimizing their video content to please the Google gods that they forget to optimize them for the audience that actually matters – humans.
Owen claims that recurring episodic content is hard-wired into the human brain. So, if you want to make YouTube videos, or you want to grow an existing channel, you’ve got to create watchable and binge-worthy videos that presents you as an expert and speak to a wider audience.
In This Episode:
• 06:44 – Why more brands need to focus on optimizing video content for watchability
• 09:27 – Why most people fail on YouTube
• 13:09 – How to build episodic shows that perform well on YouTube
• 16:27 – Why episodic video content also works on other social media platforms
• 20:00 – How the subscriber value has decreased significantly
• 27:30 – How important velocity is within the first hour of publishing your video on YouTube
• 31:29 – How to move people from other social media channels to YouTube
• 35:20 – The role that live videos should play in your video content strategy
• 39:40 – A look inside the 4-step process of video production
For a full list of resources mentioned in the episode and to listen to the full podcast episode visit convinceandconvert.com
#YouTubetips #Videoproduction #videocontent #videoSEO
Hey guys, it’s, Jay Baer, and welcome to my youtube channel, where plaid is never bad. I’ve got three shows for you here on the channel first. Every week is the talk triggers a show where I present you a case study of an amazing business, doing astonishing things with word of mouth.
Second, we have the social pros podcast, where each week I interview somebody who is a leader of social media in a big brand or interesting author’s, all kinds of social media advice and counsel on that show, and then occasionally I present to you, The marketing marvels at show, which is a demonstration of software, that I think you will enjoy and appreciate as a business owner as a professional marketer.
If you are a meeting planner, you & # 39. Ll, find my speaker trailer video here as well as excerpts from front of my best speeches. I look. I don’t, know everything, but I do know this. I guarantee you & # 39.
Ll. Learn something every week here on the channel and you’ll have a blast to do in it. So do it go ahead? Click that subscribe button and be on the Jay Baer YouTube train would love to have you thanks.